VE Boob-B-Q Rules
The event will take place on Saturday, September 17, 2016 at the VE Club located at 130 Davisville Road, Warminster, PA 18974. Upon your arrival (7:00 a.m. – 8:00 a.m.) you will be instructed where your site location will be, and you will be given room for set-up. We will be using modified KCBS rules.
- YOU will need to provide your own racks of St. Louis Style ribs and chicken thighs.
- We will supply turn in boxes for each category. Meats MUST be submitted in the boxes provided in order to keep them safe. A minimum of 6 pieces of chicken and 6 ribs must be submitted.
- Meats will be judged on appearance, taste & tenderness. No garnish is allowed. No pools of sauce are allowed. Judges will be critiquing appearance on how the food looks, not how the box looks.
- All meats must be cooked on YOUR grill to the correct temperature. You must have a meat thermometer on hand (160 degrees minimum for ribs and chicken). We will not provide any cooking supplies
- Washing and cleaning stations must be present for the proper handling of meat.
- All grease and ash must be put into the barrels provided. Absolutely no dumping of ash or grease on the ground. Water will also be available, but we are unable to guarantee availability of electric power. Trash Boxes will also be provided for you as well.
- You may arrive as early as 7 a.m. to the VE Club grounds. The staff will be on site to assist you.
- Cash prizes and a trophy will be given in each category.
- Turn in times are: 2:45 p.m. for chicken & 3:30 p.m. for ribs (times may change)
There will be a mandatory cooks’ meeting at 8:00 a.m.
This will be the place for last minute questions and clarifications.